Southampton Cup - Volunteers Needed (5th-12th August)
The inaugural Southampton Cup starts this year in August as a showcase tournament for local, national and international teams. It will become a key event on the international youth football calendar and we need volunteers to become our ‘Tournament Makers’.
Whether it is taking scores from a match, guiding participants, directing car park traffic or helping out with great customer service, Southampton Cup volunteers will play a vital role in making the event a success.
Once you are a part of the tournament, we hope you will meet new people, learn new skills and of course be excited by the event and how it is a showcase for all the teams to enjoy and play competitive football against teams from around the world.
What will I be doing?
There will be various roles available and you may be asked to:
- Meet and greet participants and spectators
- Help set up and clear down the event
- Support participants as they take part by answering any questions and providing directions
- Help with administration of the days matches
- Marshall pitches
- Help keep the car park organised
- Stewarding sensitive areas
- Provide excellent customer service to all participants and attendees.
What skills, experience and attributes do I need?
Along with having great communication and interpersonal skills, we ask that you are:
- Flexible and willing to work outdoors
- Enthusiastic about providing participants and spectators with a great tournament experience.
- Willing to work as part of a team.
If you have specific skills and experience that you think may be useful - such as event management, using walkie-talkies, or leading teams, please let us know when you apply.
How long will I be required to work?
Every role if different, however it will be no more than 8 hours.
- Kit will be provided (tabard), however you will need to dress appropriately for the conditions and the tasks advised.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Southampton Cup, please join this opportunity, then more information will be sent to you.
Southampton Football Club Ltd, SO145FP
You must be over 18 years old
Age Groups Mixed
Left on Thursday 22nd June 2017 for National Citizen Service Team Leader
National Citizen Service Team Leader
Left on Thursday 22nd June 2017 for Target Group Activator
Target Group Activator
Left on Sunday 4th June 2017 for Tennis Coaching Volunteer (UPTC)
Tennis Coaching Volunteer (UPTC)
Left on Sunday 4th June 2017 for Rounders Activator
Left on Friday 19th May 2017 for Swimming Activator
Left on Sunday 7th May 2017 for Land Rover BAR Roadshow - Volunteers Needed (Friday 5th May)
Land Rover BAR Roadshow - Volunteers Needed (Friday 5th May)
This opportunity is available from Saturday 05 August 2017 to Saturday 12 August 2017.
The closing date is Thursday 27 July 2017, in 29 days.