This opportunity is now closed
Search for new opportunities
Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Southampton Cup - Volunteers Needed (5th-12th August)
The inaugural Southampton Cup starts this year in August as a showcase tournament for local, national and international teams. It will become a key event on the international youth football calendar and we need volunteers to become our ‘Tournament Makers’.
Whether it is taking scores from a match, guiding participants, directing car park traffic or helping out with great customer service, Southampton Cup volunteers will play a vital role in making the event a success.
Once you are a part of the tournament, we hope you will meet new people, learn new skills and of course be excited by the event and how it is a showcase for all the teams to enjoy and play competitive football against teams from around the world.
What will I be doing?
There will be various roles available and you may be asked to:
- Meet and greet participants and spectators
- Help set up and clear down the event
- Support participants as they take part by answering any questions and providing directions
- Help with administration of the days matches
- Marshall pitches
- Help keep the car park organised
- Stewarding sensitive areas
- Provide excellent customer service to all participants and attendees.
What skills, experience and attributes do I need?
Along with having great communication and interpersonal skills, we ask that you are:
- Flexible and willing to work outdoors
- Enthusiastic about providing participants and spectators with a great tournament experience.
- Willing to work as part of a team.
If you have specific skills and experience that you think may be useful - such as event management, using walkie-talkies, or leading teams, please let us know when you apply.
How long will I be required to work?
Every role if different, however it will be no more than 8 hours.
- Kit will be provided (tabard), however you will need to dress appropriately for the conditions and the tasks advised.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Southampton Cup, please join this opportunity, then more information will be sent to you.
Southampton Football Club Ltd, SO145FP
You must be over 18 years old
Age Groups Mixed
Open from Saturday 5th August 2017 to Saturday 12th August 2017
Closing on Thursday 27th July 2017 in -267 days.
Left on Thursday 15th March 2018 for Basketball Activator (Helder Peixoto)
Great way to help other people enjoy the sport you love.
Left on Tuesday 30th January 2018 for Squash Activator (Jeremy Wan)
The Activator roles within the University, gives me a good opportunity to work within a team environment and gives me experience coaching.
Left on Sunday 14th January 2018 for Soccer Scholar Academy Teams - Trainee Football Coach (volunteer)
I enjoyed working with the head coach. Everyone was welcoming and I had a good time working with the children as well.
Left on Tuesday 9th January 2018 for AU Raising and Giving Secretary
- arranging buckets
- stall in the union all day
- bucket collection on the night out
- remaining bucket collection next day and counting of all money all day
- Input data on to spreadsheet
AU Sports Day
- Organising and promotion
- Collecting and ordering equipment
- Running the event it's self
- Attendance of all minus December
- Preparation of material to share
Spinnaker Tower Abseil
- Collaboration with Cancer Research to organise
- Promotion of event
- Answer queries and providing info
- Chasing up of payments and registration forms
- Input data on to spreadsheet
Great South Run
- Collaborating with Great Run Company inc. conference calls
- Collaboration with Sport & Rec, Marketing Team and Union to organise T-Shirts & Payments
- T-shirt collection day all day
- Dealing with complaints/queries
- Input of data to spreadsheet
- Organising buckets to be collected & returned
- Creation & Updating of spreadsheet each club's total
- Assisting clubs with promotion and responding to queries
- AU meetings
Left on Tuesday 19th December 2017 for UOPFC Teams - Trainee Coach (volunteer)
It was a great experience to see young talent at UOP FC. Looking forward to more intense training sessions for the kids in the future.
Left on Thursday 9th November 2017 for Handball Activator (Charlie Fouracres)
really enjoy myself! highly recommend!