This opportunity is now closed
Search for new opportunities
Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
On Your Marks Events - Paid Roles
On Your Marks Events are a public sports event management company specialising in timing running, cycling and triathlon events for clients around the country. Following an expansion of our client base we are looking for reliable, confident and well motivated candidates proficient in IT with outstanding customer service skills and their own transport to provide a race results service for our clients in the Portsmouth area.
The successful candidate will be required to
•Liaise with the client prior to the event to establish their requirements
•Travel to the event location
•Set up and test the timing system at the start and finish lines
•Provide updated finish times for all runners/athletes
•Provide the client with full results, emailed to them at the end of the event
•Follow up any anomalous or missing results
The role will suit someone who may already be in full or part time education seeking to boost their income with this challenging and rewarding position. The events are mainly on Sundays, occasionally on Saturdays or weekday evenings and you will be required to cover approximately two events a month from April to September with occasional further work available throughout the winter months, and there is the opportunity for work almost every week for candidates willing to travel beyond the Portsmouth area. You will usually be expected to be working for around 4 hours, although this may occasionally be up to 9 hours depending on the nature of the event.
Full details are in the attached document, events are run Nation-wide. For further dates and locations, please see their website: http://onyourmarksevents.org/
Spinnaker Sports Centre, PO12ER
You must be over 16 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted
Open from Monday 19th February 2018 to Friday 30th March 2018
Closing on Thursday 29th March 2018 in -57 days.
Left on Tuesday 15th May 2018 for Sports and Event Management –Work Experience – B&B, Self Catering and Retail Show 2018, and the International Mini Rugby Series 2018
wonderful experience for events management and sports management.
Left on Tuesday 24th April 2018 for Badminton Co-ordinator - Jonny Powell
Left on Thursday 15th March 2018 for Basketball Activator (Helder Peixoto)
Great way to help other people enjoy the sport you love.
Left on Tuesday 30th January 2018 for Squash Activator (Jeremy Wan)
The Activator roles within the University, gives me a good opportunity to work within a team environment and gives me experience coaching.
Left on Sunday 14th January 2018 for Soccer Scholar Academy Teams - Trainee Football Coach (volunteer)
I enjoyed working with the head coach. Everyone was welcoming and I had a good time working with the children as well.
Left on Tuesday 9th January 2018 for AU Raising and Giving Secretary
- arranging buckets
- stall in the union all day
- bucket collection on the night out
- remaining bucket collection next day and counting of all money all day
- Input data on to spreadsheet
AU Sports Day
- Organising and promotion
- Collecting and ordering equipment
- Running the event it's self
- Attendance of all minus December
- Preparation of material to share
Spinnaker Tower Abseil
- Collaboration with Cancer Research to organise
- Promotion of event
- Answer queries and providing info
- Chasing up of payments and registration forms
- Input data on to spreadsheet
Great South Run
- Collaborating with Great Run Company inc. conference calls
- Collaboration with Sport & Rec, Marketing Team and Union to organise T-Shirts & Payments
- T-shirt collection day all day
- Dealing with complaints/queries
- Input of data to spreadsheet
- Organising buckets to be collected & returned
- Creation & Updating of spreadsheet each club's total
- Assisting clubs with promotion and responding to queries
- AU meetings