This opportunity is now closed
Search for new opportunities
Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Marketing & Communications Activator
Marketing & Communications Activator - role starting Sept 2018 for the next academic year:
- Up to 10 hours per week (term time only) for the academic year Sept-May
- £500 bursary & Access to CPD funding pot
- Applications finish Sunday 11th March
- Interviews on Thursday 22nd March at Spinnaker Sports Centre
- For more info and to apply: http://www.sportportsmouth.co.uk/volunteer-recruitment/
Purpose of Job
The Sports Marketing and Communications Intern will work with the Marketing Officer to engage all students and staff including key demographics (females, first year and international students) within one of our Sport and Recreational offers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will:
?Support the Marketing Officer’s campaign plan and monthly newsletter by creating, collating and sharing content to students and staff.
?Pre-populate social media (Facebook & Twitter) with relevant campaign and event content.
?Promote and advertise the Campus Sport leagues the ‘Get Active, Stay Active’ programme Health and Fitness, and Volunteering opportunities through the avenues within the university.
?Attend promotional events, e.g. Freshers Fayre, September Tasters, This Girl Can and March On, to promote and support Sport and Recreational activities.
?Raise the profile of our Sport and Recreation offers to students in halls by working with the halls Resident Assistants/ Managers.
?Attend drop-in sessionsor fitness classes on occasions to support targeted groups of students.
?Support with student consultation ahead of the new sports facilities.
?Gain feedback from target groups of students to enable improvements to our current offer.
?Engage in internal and external training in order to further knowledge of delivery and share ideas.
?Provide a short testimony about how you have benefited from the qualification/experience.
?Attend organised recurrent meetings to create then review your action plan.
?Register and log your hours on the Sports Volunteering Hub.
Spinnaker Sports Centre, PO12ER
You must be over 16 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted
Open from Thursday 22nd March 2018 to Thursday 22nd March 2018
Closing on Sunday 11th March 2018 in -75 days.
Left on Tuesday 15th May 2018 for Sports and Event Management –Work Experience – B&B, Self Catering and Retail Show 2018, and the International Mini Rugby Series 2018
wonderful experience for events management and sports management.
Left on Tuesday 24th April 2018 for Badminton Co-ordinator - Jonny Powell
Left on Thursday 15th March 2018 for Basketball Activator (Helder Peixoto)
Great way to help other people enjoy the sport you love.
Left on Tuesday 30th January 2018 for Squash Activator (Jeremy Wan)
The Activator roles within the University, gives me a good opportunity to work within a team environment and gives me experience coaching.
Left on Sunday 14th January 2018 for Soccer Scholar Academy Teams - Trainee Football Coach (volunteer)
I enjoyed working with the head coach. Everyone was welcoming and I had a good time working with the children as well.
Left on Tuesday 9th January 2018 for AU Raising and Giving Secretary
- arranging buckets
- stall in the union all day
- bucket collection on the night out
- remaining bucket collection next day and counting of all money all day
- Input data on to spreadsheet
AU Sports Day
- Organising and promotion
- Collecting and ordering equipment
- Running the event it's self
- Attendance of all minus December
- Preparation of material to share
Spinnaker Tower Abseil
- Collaboration with Cancer Research to organise
- Promotion of event
- Answer queries and providing info
- Chasing up of payments and registration forms
- Input data on to spreadsheet
Great South Run
- Collaborating with Great Run Company inc. conference calls
- Collaboration with Sport & Rec, Marketing Team and Union to organise T-Shirts & Payments
- T-shirt collection day all day
- Dealing with complaints/queries
- Input of data to spreadsheet
- Organising buckets to be collected & returned
- Creation & Updating of spreadsheet each club's total
- Assisting clubs with promotion and responding to queries
- AU meetings
Thursday, 22 March 2018
Starting at 09:00 for 8 hours