This opportunity is now closed
Search for new opportunities
Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Charity Football Event - Volunteers Needed
Every year the University of Portsmouth host a charity football match for Staff vs Students at Portsmouth FC's home ground Fratton Park. This year's event is being held on Friday 25th May and we're looking for volunteers to help us out on the day.
Stadium tours - meet and greet, checking visitors in, taking donations
Match ticket sales - checking in online visitors, taking cash payments for on the door buyers
Raffle ticket sales - promoting raffle/prizes, selling tickets
Half-time coordinator - organising games/players for the half time games
Mascot (Nelson) - meet and greet, lots of crowd interaction
Tannoy / Announcer
Some of the roles can be combined due to being needed at different times (eg, stadium tours pre-match and half-time co-ordinator, raffle ticket sales and mascot).
- The venue for the event is Fratton Park,
- All volunteers will be provided with a t shirts to wear on the day,
- The deadline to apply will be Friday 27th April
Portsmouth Football Club, PO48SX
You must be over 16 years old
Open from Friday 25th May 2018 to Friday 25th May 2018
Closing on Friday 27th April 2018 in -58 days.
Left on Tuesday 15th May 2018 for Sports and Event Management –Work Experience – B&B, Self Catering and Retail Show 2018, and the International Mini Rugby Series 2018
wonderful experience for events management and sports management.
Left on Tuesday 24th April 2018 for Badminton Co-ordinator - Jonny Powell
Left on Thursday 15th March 2018 for Basketball Activator (Helder Peixoto)
Great way to help other people enjoy the sport you love.
Left on Tuesday 30th January 2018 for Squash Activator (Jeremy Wan)
The Activator roles within the University, gives me a good opportunity to work within a team environment and gives me experience coaching.
Left on Sunday 14th January 2018 for Soccer Scholar Academy Teams - Trainee Football Coach (volunteer)
I enjoyed working with the head coach. Everyone was welcoming and I had a good time working with the children as well.
Left on Tuesday 9th January 2018 for AU Raising and Giving Secretary
- arranging buckets
- stall in the union all day
- bucket collection on the night out
- remaining bucket collection next day and counting of all money all day
- Input data on to spreadsheet
AU Sports Day
- Organising and promotion
- Collecting and ordering equipment
- Running the event it's self
- Attendance of all minus December
- Preparation of material to share
Spinnaker Tower Abseil
- Collaboration with Cancer Research to organise
- Promotion of event
- Answer queries and providing info
- Chasing up of payments and registration forms
- Input data on to spreadsheet
Great South Run
- Collaborating with Great Run Company inc. conference calls
- Collaboration with Sport & Rec, Marketing Team and Union to organise T-Shirts & Payments
- T-shirt collection day all day
- Dealing with complaints/queries
- Input of data to spreadsheet
- Organising buckets to be collected & returned
- Creation & Updating of spreadsheet each club's total
- Assisting clubs with promotion and responding to queries
- AU meetings
Friday, 25 May 2018
Starting at 16:00 for 5 hours