This opportunity is now closed
Search for new opportunities
Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Just Walk Across the Divide - event volunteers needed
Extreme Medicine are running an event called ‘Just Walk’ from Goodwood Racecourse in May this year and are looking for volunteers. In return, they would be able to supply a reference/certificate at the end of the event confirming that they volunteered at the event. The volunteer duties include:
Seeing people over finish line
Handing out medals
Handing out drinks etc. on route
Most volunteers will be based at Goodwood Racecourse where the event starts and finishes, although some may be required to go out on the routes to one of our pitstops to hand out food, drinks, motivate the walkers etc.
Now in its 12th year, Just Walk is Across the Divide’s own charity walking challenge which allows individuals to raise money for a charity of their choice or simply for a personal goal. More info can be found on our website https://www.just-walk.co.uk/
It’s an early start, volunteers would need to be there by 6am as registrations open at 6.30am but bacon butties and tea are supplied! There’s probably a glass of bubbly in it for you at the end too. The day goes on until the early hours of Sunday but we wouldn’t expect volunteers to stay that long. Most leave between 6-8pm. It gets a bit addictive at the finish line cheering people over.
It’s a great event, very emotional at times when you cheer the walkers in from their challenging walk especially if they’ve been doing it for a cause close to their heart (and often worn on their chest). Our video on our homepage gives a great flavour of the day: www.just-walk.co.uk if anyone wants to take a look.
As a company, Extreme Medicine have many years of successful event management under their belt and pride themselves on the great relationships they build with clients, so the people they put in front of them are important and it’s a great experience for you as a volunteer.
Goodwood Racecourse, PO180PS
You must be over 16 years old
Open from Saturday 12th May 2018 to Saturday 12th May 2018
Closing on Friday 27th April 2018 in -112 days.
Left on Tuesday 15th May 2018 for Sports and Event Management –Work Experience – B&B, Self Catering and Retail Show 2018, and the International Mini Rugby Series 2018
wonderful experience for events management and sports management.
Left on Tuesday 24th April 2018 for Badminton Co-ordinator - Jonny Powell
Left on Thursday 15th March 2018 for Basketball Activator (Helder Peixoto)
Great way to help other people enjoy the sport you love.
Left on Tuesday 30th January 2018 for Squash Activator (Jeremy Wan)
The Activator roles within the University, gives me a good opportunity to work within a team environment and gives me experience coaching.
Left on Sunday 14th January 2018 for Soccer Scholar Academy Teams - Trainee Football Coach (volunteer)
I enjoyed working with the head coach. Everyone was welcoming and I had a good time working with the children as well.
Left on Tuesday 9th January 2018 for AU Raising and Giving Secretary
- arranging buckets
- stall in the union all day
- bucket collection on the night out
- remaining bucket collection next day and counting of all money all day
- Input data on to spreadsheet
AU Sports Day
- Organising and promotion
- Collecting and ordering equipment
- Running the event it's self
- Attendance of all minus December
- Preparation of material to share
Spinnaker Tower Abseil
- Collaboration with Cancer Research to organise
- Promotion of event
- Answer queries and providing info
- Chasing up of payments and registration forms
- Input data on to spreadsheet
Great South Run
- Collaborating with Great Run Company inc. conference calls
- Collaboration with Sport & Rec, Marketing Team and Union to organise T-Shirts & Payments
- T-shirt collection day all day
- Dealing with complaints/queries
- Input of data to spreadsheet
- Organising buckets to be collected & returned
- Creation & Updating of spreadsheet each club's total
- Assisting clubs with promotion and responding to queries
- AU meetings
Saturday, 12 May 2018
Starting at 06:00 for 11 hours